Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Putting An End to My Corporate Life... (for now only)

8:30am: Staring at the 15" monitor thinking how should I spend the rest of my 8 hours at work, today mark my last day with Company A. I started surfing the world wide web and found myself stucked in an interesting blogspot. That is how and when I created my first blogspot.

I have packed all my belongings and my table is sparkling clear with only a 2 litre water bottle and my notebook sitting in front of me. I started boosting myself with the 2 litre of water which explains how and where I spend almost 4 hours of my time - the bladder rescue spot.

12:30pm: "Grroooo..gggrroooo.." my tummy started to growl notifying me that it is 12:30pm! I have made lunch appointment with a few colleagues and made known to them that this is going to be a looooooooong lunch as I need to fill up the rest of my 4 hours in the office.

For started we had hawaiian salad with turkey ham then for the main course we had special chicken chop with crispy potato wedges. Hmmm... yummy~ but it wasn't as yummy as our office gossips during lunch. I guess that is what girls' are good at besides shopping - gossipping.

Do you know how did the work "gossip" came about? According to wikipedia, in the olden days politicians would send their assistants to listen to general public conversations. The assistants were instructed to sip a beer and listen to opinions so they responded to the command to "go sip", which allegedly turned into "gossip".

2:00pm: Lunch time is up and I continue surfing blogspots to kill the rest of my 3.5 hours in the office.

3:00pm: Still reading blog.

4:00pm: Being very loyal to the blog I read.

5:00pm: Being extremely loyal to the blogspot.

5:30pm: Times up! It is time to go home and say goodbye to all my colleagues (ex-colleagues now). Although I am very glad that from this moment onwards I will not have to face the grumpy face, the ever-irritating nagging and the constant demoralised staring, at some place that he should not be staring, by my ex-manager no more, I paused to envisage what will my plan be for tomorrow, next tomorrow, next week and next month!

I'll let you know when I got the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment